|DevOps||Continuous Integration, Jenkins, Git, TFS, Amazon Web Services, Azure DevOps|
|SDLC||TFS, Jira, Test Case Management, Agile, Scrum, Kanban, Pivotal Tracker|
Staff Software Engineer, Charles Schwab2019-08 — Present
I joined Schwab as the technical lead for a development team in the Retail Web Technology group. During that time I worked on development tasks and provided technical guidance and leadership to the rest of the team. I subsequently moved onto another team as the lead developer for a greenfield customer facing person-to-person money transfer web app.
- Developed internal tooling to simplify the developer workflow and speed up onboarding new developers and new applications.
- Maintained high standards of quality and code coverage.
- Developed customer facing single page apps in Angular 7 and 9.
- Developed middle-tier APIs in C#/.Net Core using Web API.
- Worked with other development teams to define dependencies and communicate application interfaces.
Senior Software Engineer, Solera2018-10 — 2019-08
At Solera, I worked on customer facing products dealing with state and local laws, taxes, and fees related to vehicle sales, registration, and titling. During my time here, I have continually advocated for greater adoption of engineering best practices. I have also coordinated with other teams in designing new service oriented architectures.
- Drove improvements in the development process and adoption of best practices, especially code review and unit testing.
- Worked on a data normalization effort to enable major code refactoring to reduce duplication.
- Collaborated across multiple teams to define common conventions and interfaces for REST microservices.
- Implemented intake and cleanup utilities for 3rd party data.
Staff Software Engineer, Allegro Development2017-11 — 2018-09
At Allegro I led an overseas team in designing and building new features for Allegro's main product, Horizon. I also pushed to advance best practices including unit testing and DevOps.
- Designed and implemented scripting and automation features in the application. These were used by external clients to ensure data integrity and internally by QA and client services during customer onboarding.
- Mentored junior developers on design principles and best practices.
- Improved the packaging and deployment process for development builds to remove manual operations and support CI/CD efforts.
Senior Software Engineer, ParkHub2017-03 — 2017-09
At Parkhub, I built a new generation of services and infrastructure to allow the company to grow to provide a Global Distribution System for parking inventory and data driven insights for parking operators. I utilized IoT sensors, microservices, and mobile-first offline-first applications. We used a lightweight scrum-like methodology.
- Designed and built a charting API to transform sensor based parking event data into a format that's easily visualized in graphs or charts.
- Contributed to the design and development of a microservices architecture based on Kafka and orchestrated with Kubernetes.
- Developed front end apps, primarily using React and Redux.
- Conducted code reviews and advocated for best practices related to testing and deployment.
Senior Software Engineer, Fidelity Investments2014-06 — 2017-03
As a software engineer, I contributed to the design and implementation of several customer facing and middle tier applications. I also worked to promote best practices and mentored junior team members. In this position I continued to participate in an Agile/Scrum methodology, and I worked mostly with AngularJS and NodeJS.
- Designed and implemented multiple projects including customer facing apps and middleware services with millions of users.
- Maintained greater than 90% test coverage for these projects.
- Worked closely with Product Owner in Scrum process to clarify requirements and adapt them to user stories.
- Estimated scope of stories and collaborated with the team to share work and meet sprint goals.
- Promoted best practices using functional techniques and MVVM design patterns.
- Implemented and maintained the CI/CD pipeline.
Software Developer, Ambit Energy2013-10 — 2014-06
During my contract at Ambit I worked on several projects to support back office and development tasks. I built internal tooling including test and automation tools used by QA and other teams.
- Developed and contributed to the design of an automated test utility called Testify.
- Integrated with TFS for defect tracking and test case management.
- Created several utilities to automate common tasks for internal business users.
BS Software Engineering, University of Texas at Arlington2006-09 — 2010-06
Majored in Software Engineering, did not graduate
Director, Women Who Code DFW2020-05 — 2020-10
As a director, I was a member of the official leadership team for the DFW network of Women Who Code. I planned and organized monthly events; I coordinated with the hosts, sponsors, and presenters during the event; I recruited new hosts and speakers; and I helped to grow and mentor future members of the WWC DFW leadership team.
- Joined as a member in October 2018 and volunteered frequently.
- Planned and hosted a virtual discussion panel and multiple tech talks.
- Wrote articles for the DFW network's blog.
- Gave multiple tech talks.
- Mentored other members in professional and technical areas.
Player, Dungeons & Dragons2000-10 — Present
I've been playing and running D&D and other tabletop role playing games regularly for over 20 years. Through that hobby, I've gained a great deal of experience in working with small groups toward a common goal. Among the many skills I've learned, I feel these are particularly valuable.
- Quickly learning and teaching complex systems
- Sharing focus and responsibility with group members
- Finding balance between keeping focus on a goal with allowing exploration and discovery
- Maintaining group interest and engagement